Vitamins required by people can vary depending on age, gender, and special needs like pregnancy or lactation. A variety of vitamin formulations are available, each catering to diverse needs, so consult a doctor before taking any of them.
New Chapter Multivitamin
New Chapter's Only One Multivitamin, a general vitamin, is rated by Organic Authority as the best among vitamins. New Chapter vitamins are sourced from organic vegetables and herbs certified by International Certification Services (ICE) that follows regulations of the National Organic Program. One can be certain that there are no Genetical Modified Organisms (GMOs) in the preparations, as they are Non-GMO Project Verified. The firm is innovative and won the 2010 Varro E. Tyler Award from the "American Botanical Council (ABC) for its contributions to phytomedicinal research".
Only One Multivitamin features include the following.
- It has 23 vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, Vitamins B12, and B6.
- Boosts vitality and ensures against nutritional deficiencies. It is good for both men and women.
- Tablets are herb and spice-free and made from fermented whole food.
Only One Multivitamin can be taken at any time even on an empty stomach. The recommended dosage is one tablet per day. It can be ordered online from the firm and a container of 72 tablets costs around $55 for a one time delivery from the company. Monthly deliveries are cheaper or you can order through Amazon for about $40.
Garden of Life Organic B-12 Spray
One of their products from the recent mykind Organics range is B-12 Organic Spray.
- People on a vegan and vegetarian diet can suffer from Vitamin B-12 deficiency as this is obtained from meat and dairy products. So B-12 Organic Spray is a good supplement for people who do not consume animal products.
- B-12 is available in the form of methylcobalamin, and the spray is made of organic raspberry juice, herbs and food. All the sources are vegan and gluten-free.
- It is good for enhancing memory, metabolism, concentration and energy, as well as heart health
According to the firm a daily spray which contains 500mcg of vitamin B-12 is recommended. B-12 Organic Spray is available in 58 ml bottles priced around $15 after discount. It can be purchased online or in a store. Expect to spend about $30 at Amazon for a pack of two.
Women may have special nutritional needs at various times in their life. Select a vitamin that meets these needs.
Rainbow Light Prenatal Vitamin
Rainbow Light's Prenatal One™ Multivitamin received the Taste for Life's award in 2016 for essential supplements and is also recommended by TheHealthy.com. Under the company's Purity Safeguard promise, the raw materials meet National Organic Program (NOP) standards and the production process meets the National Sanitation Foundation Good Manufacture Practices (NSF GPMs) certification. The final products are certified organic by Quality Assurance International (QAI).
Prenatal One™ Multivitamin is formulated to meet the special needs of pregnant women and the baby's development.
- Food based and is made of super-food spirulina, red raspberry, and ginger. Plant-source enzymes and CFU probiotics ensure that the there are no problems with digestion.
- Packed with Vitamins A, C, and D2, the tablets also contain other vital supplements like folic acid and iron. The combination supports brain, spine, skin, and immune health, as well as development of red blood cells and bones.
- Adequate for mothers and babies, it is useful during pregnancy and nursing. Dosage is one capsule a day.
At Amazon, you can get a 150-count bottle for about $40.
New Chapter Every Woman II Multivitamin
Organic Authority recommends New Chapters' Every Woman II Multivitamin for women over 40 years. It is certified organic by ICE and is Non-GMO Project Verified. Every Woman II Multivitamin for women 40+ years was a recipient of the Vity Award in 2015.
Every Woman II Multivitamin for women 40+ years has several points worth noting.
- The vitamin provides Vitamin D3, Vitamin A and Vitamin C, is produced from fermented whole foods, and is combined with herbs like oregano, fenugreek, and hawthorn.
- This product is good for heart, vision, and digestion.
Every Woman II Multivitamin is available in bottles containing 48 and 96 tablets priced around $35 and $60 dollars, respectively. At Amazon, you'll pay a little less - around $25 and $50.
Rainbow Light Permformance Energy for Men
Rainbow Light's Performance Energy for Men won a Delicious Living Magazine 2016 Supplement Award. The company's purity safeguard assures that the production is certified as organic by NSF GPMs certification, and the final product is certified organic by QAI.
Performance Energy for Men has been custom designed keeping the needs of men in mind,
- It contains, antioxidants, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B-complex, Vitamin E, and selenium derived from whole foods and herbs. The ingredients include 'saw palmetto, ginger, ginseng, and ginkgo'.
- The tablets promote energy production, stamina, blood flow, brain, heart, skin, eye, immune, prostate, and reproductive health. They also work well against stress.
- Up to four tablets per day can be taken.
At Amazon, 180-count tablets costs about $50.
Yummi Bears Vitamin D3 for Children
Yummi Bears Vitamin D3 won the Better Nutrition Magazine's Best of Supplements Award in 2013. It is produced by the firm Hero Nutritionals who claim to be the first in the world to offer vitamins and minerals in a gummy form and to have remained the world's number one producers of children gummy vitamins. Yummi Bears Vitamin D3 is certified organic by USDA.
- Yummi Bears Vitamin D3 is GMO-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and allergen-free.
- It is made of vegetarian fruit pectin, cane sugar, tapioca syrup, citric acid, natural tropical fruit punch flavor, and organic colors (carrot, apple, and blackcurrant juice concentrates).
- It supports "bone, tooth and immune health" by aiding in calcium absorption, and is great for growing children.
- Up to two bears can be given to children per day.
Each container contains 60 tablets, and can be purchased at Amazon at around $18, with no shipping fees.
Know Your Vitamin Needs
Most people get the amounts of different vitamins needed if they follow a healthy diet. It is children, aging adults, or women who are pregnant or lactating who may experience vitamin deficiences. There are serious dangers associated with taking too much vitamins, so it is advisable to use vitamins carefully and follow advice from your doctor prior to starting any vitamin regimen.