Finding the best organic body lotion among the dozens, if not hundreds of options can be somewhat challenging.
Tips for Choosing Organic Body Lotion
Many people prefer to use organic health and beauty products due to its gentler ingredient lists. However, there are many factors to consider when shopping for the best organic body lotion.
- Sustainability - The production of organic products are generally believed to make a smaller ecological footprint.
- Skin Sensitivity - Many people find that organic products work better for their sensitive skin. The lack of harsh chemicals or other non-organic ingredients is thought to explain this.
- Price - Organic products can vary widely in price and this can definitely be a factor for many people pinching their pennies.
- Effectiveness - Many people that the chemicals and other ingredients found in regular body lotions can actually dry out skin over the long term. The more natural ingredient list in organic lotions can help replenish lost moisture without cause damage.
- Labels and Claims - Not all organic lotions are created equal. Likewise, it's important to know that an "all natural" label does not necessarily mean that a product is organic. Only products with the certified organic seal fall under United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulations.
Some of the Best Organic Lotion Brands
Brand is another important aspect when choosing the best organic body lotion. The Internet can be a huge help when it comes to wading through all the different companies and types of body lotions. Customer reviews are abundant on the web.
The following are a few well-known, top brands of organic lotions.
- Terressentials 100% Organic Body Cremes and Body Lotions - This certified organic company offers several different types of health and beauty products that will help you look and feel your very best.
- Beauty Without Cruelty Organic Lavender Hand and Body Lotion - The Beauty Without Cruelty company operates under a mission as powerful as its name. They offer a variety of health and beauty products, including a selection of gluten-free products.
Make Your Own Body Lotion
Sometimes, the best products are those that you make yourself. If this idea seems daunting, you'll be surprised to know that making your own organic lotion can be rather simple. The benefits of making your own lotion are clear. Controlling the ingredients means you know exactly what you are putting on your skin.
In addition to books on making your own body lotion, there are a few online resources to help you learn how to make your own lotions and body butters.
Support the Organic Industry
Whether you decide to make your own body lotion or purchase one of the many organic brands available in the health and beauty sections of your favorite retailer, being green with these types of products can make an impact not only on your own skincare but on the earth. The money you use to purchase these products supports companies with eco-friendly missions, which many people believe is a choice for the betterment of the entire world.