A simple basic organic skin cleanser provides good cleansing properties as well as nourishes the skin. Whether your skin is normal, oily, dry or combination, an organic skin cleanser is a great way to pamper your skin. You can purchase a basic organic skin cleanser at the health food store or pharmacy, or make your own from herbal extracts.
Make Your Own
If you're the crafty type, or simply want to ensure that the ingredients in your facial cleansers are organic and pure, you can make your own simple, basic organic skin cleansers at home. This recipe is messy but effect. You may not want to wash it down the sink.
- Half-cup organic oatmeal or cornmeal
- Organic, plain yogurt
- Simply make a paste of the oatmeal or cornmeal and as much organic, plain, unsweetened yogurt as you need.
- Rinse your face with warm water, and smooth the paste on.
- Gently rub it into the skin in small circles, avoiding the delicate eye area.
- Rinse off and pat your skin dry.
Several brands and types of organic skin cleansers are popular. These include:
- The Juice Beauty natural skin care product line features simple organic skin cleansers, toners and moisturizers based on a formula that includes organic fruit juices.
- Kiss My Face is one of the best-known organic skin care product lines in the world. Many of their products include olive oil as a main ingredient, which offers superior relief for dry skin.
- Eminence organic skin cleansers include many ingredients and pleasing scents, such as green apple, fruit scents and more. You can find facial cleansers and body washes among their product offerings. Eminence also sells a wonderfully scented, astringent lemon cleanser that's great for oily skin.
- Skin Botanica provides a one-stop shop online for these brands and more, such as Suki all natural, organic skin cleansers.
Using an organic cleanser can be a great way to maintain healthy, natural-looking skin without exposure to harsh chemical ingredients.