Organic food delivery services are available nationwide and provide an alternative to grocery shopping for people who can't shop regularly at stores or have trouble finding products to fit their diets and lifestyles. There are a number of companies that ship various organic food items to all locations in the U.S., as well as many local organic growers and producers who deliver or ship to customers in their areas.
Nationwide Delivery Options
Depending on your budget, you should be able to find a delivery company that works for you. The cost of shipping for most deliveries can be significant, so be sure to factor that into your decision when ordering.
- Amazon carries everything, including organic groceries. You can choose from thousands of organic grocery items that you use every day like cocoa, coffee, and flour. Some of the foods are eligible for free shipping.
- Organic Kingdom stocks all kinds of organic groceries and dry goods. They ship all over the United States, as well as to international customers.
- Organic Prairie is located in Wisconsin, but ships all over the United States. They supply consumers with all kinds of fresh organic meat. Shipping is free on orders over $200 so it is a good idea, if you have a freezer, to plan on buying a large quantity at once.
- Rocky Mountain Organic Meats sells organic grass fed lamb and beef as well as lunch meats, poultry, and game hens. The meat is shipped frozen to ensure that it is fresh when it comes to you. Flat-rate $11.95 shipping is available throughout the U.S. for orders under $200. There is no shipping charge for higher value orders.
Local Delivery Options
You may be able to get the organic food you desire delivered from local farmers and growers, or other companies that offer organic foods delivery in specific areas.
Resources to Find Local Delivery Options
Check with grocery stores, health-food markets, and restaurants in your area to see if they offer delivery or pick-up options. Additional resources to help you find local delivery options in your area inlcude:
- Green People: This website publishes a list of organic food delivery companies and caterers by state and includes an option to narrow results by zip code.
- Local Harvest: This site posts a collection of community-support agriculture (CSA) groups, family farms, and larger farms that offer products to be ordered online. Depending on where you live, the resource can turn up farms in your area that may deliver locally or offer options for pick-up.
Examples of Local Vendors
A few examples of market-specific companies that deliver organic food items include:
- Texas: Farmhouse Delivery deals exclusively with products that are certified organic or locally and sustainably produced. They ship foods to the Austin and San Antonio, Texas areas. Each week, their website publishes a list of fresh local items that includes information about which farms produced the foods.
- California: Farm Fresh to You is a San Francisco Bay Area company that delivers certified organic fresh produce. They grow their own items, pick foods fresh daily, and create customized mixes of fruits and vegetables for their customers.
- Arizona: Boxed Greens was established in 1996 and is committed to creating an affordable way for consumers to enjoy organic fruits and vegetables. They support small farms and offer fresh fruit and vegetables in season. Local deliveries are avaialble in Phoenix and Tempe, and shipping is avialable to other parts of the state.
Always Check Your Order
Whether you use a local or national delivery service, you should always check your order carefully the minute it arrives. If there are frozen items, feel them to make sure that they are still frozen. Check for bruises on produce, spoiled items, or goods that are missing from your order. You should let the company know immediately when there is a problem.
Enjoy Organic Meals at Home
Using organic food delivery can save you time as well as help to ensure that you have your favorite organic foods available no matter where you live.