For the environmentally aware and health conscious people on your shopping list, consider choosing organic food baskets for Christmas gifts this year.
Pre-Made Organic Gift Baskets
Shipping organic food baskets for Christmas to your relatives throughout the country is easy. There are a number of online retailers that specialize in creating and shipping beautiful gift baskets filled with all types of healthy, organic treats.
Fiddler's Green Farms
You can order organic goodie baskets directly from the Fiddler's Green Farm in Maine. Selections include:
- Fiddler's Breakfast: pancake & waffle mix, muffin mix, maple syrup, granola, and tea
- Fiddler's Feast: 7-grain cereal, pancake & waffle mix, bran muffin mix, maple syrup, blueberry syrup, and dried fruit blend
- Fiddler's Totes (small and giant): Reusable tote bags overflowing with delicious treats
- Herb Gift Box: your choice of six of your favorite all natural culinary herbs
- Organic Maine Blueberry Box: blueberry syrup, blueberry jam, and blueberry tea
- Organic Nut Butter Sampler: delicious selection of peanut, almond, and cashew butters
Organic Bouquet carries an excellent selection of beautiful gourmet gift baskets filled with certified organic treats. Choices include:
- Go Nuts Holiday Snack Basket: several types of nuts and trail mix
- Holiday Cornucopia: fresh and dried fruit, trail mix, handmade cheese, nuts, and more
- Organic Harvest: fruit, handmade cheese, nuts, crackers, candy, jam, and premium chocolate
- Homemade Austrian Gourmet Shortbread: in tart cherry cabernet and blueberry merlot flavors
- Organic Picnic Basket: fruit, nuts, cheese, crackers, premium chocolate, and more packed in a sea grass picnic basket
- Organic Trail Treats: fruit, nuts, and trail mix
- Taste of California Basket: fruit, nuts, chocolate covered cherries, fudge, honey sticks, blueberry jam, tea, sparkling cider, and more
- Sweet and Savory: dried fruit, nuts, crackers, and trail mix
Sun Organic Farm
Sun Organic Farm carries a number of certified organic holiday gift packs. Selections include:
- Breakfast Buffet: granola, pancake & waffle mix, and maple syrup
- Coffee Lovers Gift Pack: three flavors of coffee and a Black & Decker grinder
- Date Sampler: four varieties of dates
- Fruit Buffet: four types of dried fruit
- Nut Butter Sampler: five types of nut butter
- Nut Lover Gift Pack: five kinds of shelled nuts
- Organic Party Pack: nuts, popcorn, and candy
- Spice Set: eight different dried spices
Make Your Own Organic Gift Baskets
It's not difficult to assemble your own organic gift baskets. Simply select baskets in shapes and sizes that gift recipients are likely to use over and over and fill with delicious organic treats. When you assemble your own organic food baskets for Christmas, you can customize the contents to match the preferences of each recipient. You can also combine homemade treats with purchases organic goodies.
A great place to start choosing items for your gift baskets is your local health food store, or the organic food aisle at your favorite supermarket. You can also purchase goodie basket supplies online. Keep in mind to verify that you are ordering products certified as organic.
Goodies for Your Baskets
When you are creating your own organic goodie gift sets, you are limited only by your imagination and your budget. Some of the many tasty treats you may want to use include:
- Bob's Red Mill: flours, beans, grains, dessert mixes, and other cooking and baking aids
- Dr. Kracker organic crackers and flatbreads
- Fresh organic cheese
- Fresh organic fruits, vegetables, and nuts
- Hansen's: soda, tea, energy drinks, juice, and more
- Health Valley: organic, low sodium canned soup and chili in several flavors
- Jack Links: organic varieties of beef jerky in peppered and original flavors
- Navitas Naturals: nuts, trail mix, cacao, etc.
- Jim's Organic Coffee: whole bean and ground coffee
- Loleta Cheese Factory: many varieties of organic California cheese, with shipping available only during winter months
- Uncle Matt's: organic fruit juice and fresh citrus fruits
The most memorable gift sets include one or more non-consumable items. Try to choose products that tie in nicely with the basket's contents. If you're giving a basket filled with organic cheese and crackers, a bamboo cheese board might be an excellent addition to the basket. If your basket is filled with organic cooking supplies, a book such as The Organic Cook's Bible by Jeff Cox is an appropriate accompaniment.
Perfect for Gift Giving
Food is among the most popular Christmas gift items. Everybody has to eat, and most people enjoy it. Let your family and friends know that you care about their health and well being by sharing a basket filled with delicious, organic treats this holiday season.