If you have ever had to deal with the pain, itching or bleeding associated with hemorrhoids, you likely have an interest in natural organic hemorrhoid cures that will provide relief. Surgery is probably the only real cure if your problem is severe enough to warrant it. Fortunately, there are several treatments to choose from that are natural and effective.
What are Hemorrhoids?
Simply put, hemorrhoids, also known as piles, are swollen, irritated veins of the rectum and anus. They are similar to varicose veins that become enlarged and lose their elasticity, which causes them to protrude.
Causes of hemorrhoids are numerous. Commonly caused by the extra pressure during pregnancy, they are also caused or aggravated by such things as sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time, lifting heavy objects, being overweight and inactive or even straining during a bowel movement.
Many people are embarrassed to discuss this problem even though it is fairly common. In fact, by age 50, more than half of adults have had to deal with this annoying problem.
There are different types of hemorrhoids, each with their own symptoms.
- External hemorrhoids are formed at the opening of the anus under the skin. These can be very painful when they form a lump that is hard and sensitive.
- Internal hemorrhoids form inside the rectum. Usually painless, this type is often discovered when bright red bleeding is discovered.
- Prolapsed hemorrhoids are internal, but have collapsed outside the anal opening accompanied by heavy bleeding. These can form blood clots, making it difficult to retract and causing severe pain.
Finding Natural Organic Hemorrhoid Cures
You are unlikely to find natural, organic hemorrhoid cures. However there are many treatments available that may even be better than conventional treatments.
Many people have success using organic herbs to treat their discomfort.
- Some people find soothing relief in the form of pure aloe gel applied to the irritated area. It acts similar to aspirin in relieving pain. If you have access to an aloe plant, the pulp from the fresh leaves will give you the best result.
- Look at your local organic food store for salve made of bayberry, goldenseal, myrrh and white oak. This is a very effective treatment.
- A strong brew of yarrow tea applied several times a day is helpful for many people.
- Because it is an astringent, witch hazel is an effective treatment used three times a day.
Your diet plays an important role in treating hemorrhoids naturally. Food high in fiber will make the biggest difference in your symptoms, as will drinking lots of distilled water. Avoid a diet that is high in protein, because this is difficult on the digestive tract and may lead to constipation and straining, which will only worsen your symptoms.
Foods that will help your digestive system work smoothly include:
- Green beans
- Whole grains
- Oat bran
Consider adding psyllium seeds and flax seed oil to your diet as well. If you have a problem with bleeding, you will want to include foods high in vitamin K and iron such as dark leafy greens and alfalfa. You should also consider a multi-vitamin and mineral supplement.
Regular, moderate exercise such as a daily walk will be a big help in controlling your symptoms. Exercise helps to regulate the digestive process, reducing the possibility of unnecessary pressure and strain.
If you feel uncomfortable shopping for natural organic hemorrhoid treatments, there are many sources online as well. This list is just a resource, not a recommendation for use. Check out each product thoroughly before making your purchase.
- Infused Organics has a product called Natural O.H.T. that is 100 percent natural and promises instant relief with a money back guarantee.
- ZenMed.com has a complete line of natural products designed to relieve hemorrhoid symptoms. They also have a 60-day guarantee of their products.
If you find that your problem is severe and not relieved by other methods, you may need to consult your doctor. Laser treatment, ligation or surgery may be necessary.You should also consult you doctor if you notice bleeding that is dark or lasts for more than three days. These things could indicate a more serious problem such as infection, an abscess or even cancer. Don't feel embarrassed to ask for help if home treatments do not relieve your symptoms.