Natural ingredients fabric softener can be a great choice for singles, married couples, and families. There are many reasons to use natural products and several product choices to consider.
Why Use Natural Ingredients Fabric Softeners
Although many phosphates have been banned, there still exist chemicals and pollutants in many fabric softeners and household cleaners. Not all softeners and detergents are as biodegradable as others. Consumers may want to even consider the type of plastic that the container is made from when trying to live a greener lifestyle.
Do you love the smell of fabric softener? Believe it or not, some people really dislike this smell and want it out of their clothes. Many of the same ingredients that create this smell are toxic and can cause respiratory issues in some people. Also, those who are vegan may be opposed to using animal fat. Dryer sheets sometimes contain tallow.
You do have choices when it comes to fabric softeners:
- Buy Green: Regular fabric softeners are made with animal and synthetic ingredients. Natural ingredients fabric softeners are made without synthetic ingredients.
- Make Your Own: Still concerned that your fabric softener may not be 100 percent natural? You can always make your own fabric softener with ingredients such as white vinegar.
Brands of Natural Softeners
If you aren't into making your own or just like the added assurance of soft clothes, you might want to check into some of the different brands of fabric softeners that are all natural.
- Lavender Fabric Softener: This fabric softener is completely chemical free and made using natural products. It also claims to brighten fabrics. This softener is hypo-allergenic, making it safe for sensitive skin. No dyes are used and the product is not tested on animals. One 32 ounce bottle will do 32 loads of laundry.
- Ecover fabric softener works well with septic tanks too. Ingredients include items such as water, ascorbic acid and magnesium chloride.
- Safe n Soft doesn't have any harsh chemicals, dyes or fragrances. It is also biodegradable. This softener is vegetable based.
- Mountain Green is perfect for sensitive skin. All of their detergents and fabric softeners are also acceptable for use in high-efficiency washing machines. If you order more than $80.00, you'll get free shipping.
- Shaklee Get Clean Dryer Sheets give you the convenience of a dryer sheet, without all the animal fat and harsh chemicals. The Get Clean line of laundry products offers laundry detergent, liquid fabric softener and these dryer sheets.
- Mrs. Meyers offers a line of aromatherapeutic cleaners. All laundry products are biodegradable, phosphate free and contain essential oils. The natural liquid fabric softener comes in scents, such as basil, lavender, lemon verbena and geranium. The dryer sheets come in the same scents plus baby blossom.
There are many ways to reduce your use of toxins and create a safer, cleaner home and safer cleaner world. The use of natural ingredients fabric softener is one of many ways you can work toward achieving these goals.