What Is Rose Wine?
Rose wine is a pink wine that is usually relatively low in alcohol content and inexpensive to produce. Many different types of grapes are used to make rose wines, depending on the country or region where the wine was produced.
How to Buy Rose Organic Wine Online
First, you should know that it's not legal to buy rose organic wine online in every state. Each state has its own laws related to selling and shipping alcohol to individuals. For example:
- It's actually a felony to ship wine into six states.
- Eighteen states have laws prohibiting shipments directly to consumers.
- Twenty states, plus the District of Columbia, have restrictions on shipping wine to consumers.
Only 13 states have no restrictions on shipping wine:
- New Mexico
- West Virginia
If you live in a state other than these 13, check your local laws to see if it's even possible for you to buy wine from an out-of-state location and have it shipped to your home.
Assuming it is legal for you to buy organic rose online, here are some sources:
- Jeriko Estate in California has a fruity and vanilla-laced rose, as well as a wide variety of other wines produced from certified organic grapes.
- Badger Mountain has a rose made of Chardonnay grapes that is slightly sweet and full of acidity.
- This Organic Rose from France is a light, fruity summer wine, and can likely be found through retailers in the United States as well.
- Quaff Wine Organic Rose from South Africa is a wonderful wine using a native grape variety.
- Vintage Roots is another wine seller in the UK that has a good list of organic roses that you might be bale to find from retailers in other parts of the world.
If all else fails, or if you happen to live in one of those states where buying online is impossible, ask your local liquor store or wine shop for assistance. If the place you shop doesn't have what you're looking for, they may be able to order it--especially if you are willing to buy a full case. In states where it's illegal to ship to consumers, a good relationship with a liquor store or wholesaler can be your best way to get to try some of the wines you would like but can't order directly.