As organic living enjoys a surge of popularity, many people are turning to organic food gift baskets to fill their gift giving needs. If you're searching for a great gift idea that will appeal to almost anyone, consider giving a gift basket full of healthy, organic foods.
Gifts of delicious organic snacks are great for any occasion. Many gifts come in creative container like a reusable tote and in some cases, you can customize a basket with your choice of products.
- It's Only Natural Fresh and Natural Gluten Free Gift Basket: It's Only Natural offers yummy organic foods in cute totes or beautiful baskets. This gift is perfect for any occasion and for anyone avoiding gluten. The organic products in this gift include lime tortilla chips, natural peach and mango salsa, granola, and dried Fuji apples, and arrive in an organic cotton tote. Cost: $49.00
- Well Baskets Organic Healthy Birthday Basket: If you want to wish someone a happy and healthy birthday with organic gourmet snacks, consider this gift basket. It features an assortment of organic dried fruits and nuts, popcorn, hot chocolate, and apple chips. This basket is not appropriate for people with nut or dairy allergies. Cost: $55.00
Fruit baskets are always appreciated and make particularly nice housewarming or sympathy gifts. Here are a few well designed fruit basket options:
- The Fruit Company Simply Organic Fruit Basket: The Fruit Company was featured in Oprah Winfrey's "O" magazine for its wonderful organic fruit baskets. This basket includes organic apples, pears, oranges, and dried fruit in a pretty ribbon-lined basket. Cost: $64.95
- Organic Bouquet Gourmet Greetings Basket: Organic bouquet specializes in unique organic gifts that promote sustainable living. This organically certified gift basket features an assortment of cheese, crackers fresh fruit, handmade cheese, almonds, and organic cabernet. This gift is not appropriate for people with nut allergies. Cost: $79.95
Get Well Baskets
If you're looking for a get well basket for a friend or family member who is recovering from illness or surgery, consider the following gift baskets:
- Well Baskets Organic Pain Relief Basket: Well baskets specializes in get well baskets that promote relaxation, healing, and a healthy lifestyle. This basket features products believed to have natural pain relieving properties, making this basket appropriate for anyone recovering from a painful accident or surgery. The basket includes cherry fruit mix, ginger tea, spinach soup, sunflower seeds, sour cherry nectar, dark chocolate, ginger snaps, and a pain relief recommended food guide. This basket is not appropriate for people with nut or dairy allergies. Cost: $65.00
- Well Baskets Organic Cancer Get Well Basket: If can be hard to find the right gift for someone fighting cancer. This basket solves that problem by offering products believed to help boost the immune system and relieve nausea and other cancer treatment side effects. Included in this basket are organic soups, pastas, crackers, and nut butters as well as crystallized ginger and ginger tea and dried fruits. It also includes a recommended food guide for fighting cancer. This basket is not appropriate for people with nut allergies. Cost: $95.00
- It's Only Natural Doctor's Orders Gift Basket: This basket from It's Only Natural makes a great pick me up for anyone dealing with illness or recovering from surgery. The basket includes sage and wild mint tea, a honey bear, white bean soup, olive oil and sea salt crackers, and granny smith apple dried fruit. Cost: $49.00
Gluten-free doesn't have to mean boring, and these gift baskets chock full of delicious gluten-free snacks prove it.
- It's Only Natural Gluten-Free Snack Basket: This basket full of gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, soy nuts, granola, pumpkin crunch, and a lemon cranberry quinoa bar is a great choice for gluten-free folks. You can customize this basket by adding additional products. This basket is not appropriate for people with soy allergies. Cost: $49.00
- America's Best Gluten-Free Snacks Organic Gift Box: America's Best features gift baskets chock full of healthy, gluten-free, organic snack foods in an eco-friendly box instead of a basket. This gift includes a wide variety of nuts and dried fruits and other gluten-free goodies. This basket is not appropriate for people with nut allergies. Cost: $36.00 (If you don't want or need a gluten-free option, this company allows you to customize baskets.)
Consider giving an organic cheese basket to a cheese lover on your gift list or anyone who appreciates fine foods.
- Gourmet Greetings: Pairing organic cheese with a California cabernet, this gift is suitable for any occasion. The gift also includes crackers, almonds, and fresh fruit. This gift is not appropriate for people with nut allergies. Cost: $79.95
- igourmet.com Basket of Organic Delights: igourmet.com, an online company that offers fine foods, features this basket full of high quality organic cheeses, dried fruits, chocolates, coffee and tea. This basket is not appropriate for people with nut allergies. Cost: $99.99
Organic Chocolate Gift Baskets
Almost everyone loves chocolate and now that the health benefits of dark chocolate are widely known, a basket full of decadent chocolaty goodness makes an indulgent gift. Following are a few organic chocolate gift baskets perfect for anniversaries, Valentine's Day, the birthday of your significant other, or simply for a friend with a sweet tooth. Be aware that some chocolate contains dairy ingredients so these baskets may not be appropriate for people with dairy allergies.
- DAGOBA Chocolate Lover's Gift Basket: DAGOBA offers uniquely flavored, carefully sourced organic chocolate. Their Chocolate Lover's Gift Basket includes three drinking chocolates and three chocolate bars. Cost: $49.95
- America's Best Organics Chocolate Decadence Organic Gift Basket: America's Best Organics creates beautiful organic gift baskets for all occasions and offers this scrumptious all-chocolate gift basket. The gift includes four organic chocolate bars infused with flavors such as green tea and mint and coconut, coconut macaroons, and chocolate mint treats. Cost: $39.00
Organic Herbs and Spices Gift Baskets
If someone on your gift list is a chef or simply loves to cook, a gift basket full of organic herbs and spices is a wonderful choice. The following gift baskets are offered by companies concerned about the quality, freshness, and flavor of their products.
- The Tasteful Garden 6 Herb Basket: This creative basket is a great alternative to sending flowers or plants and makes a great gift for a chef or gardener. You select which six fresh herb plants to include and they'll arrive in a pretty, reusable basket. Cost: $49.95
- The Meadow Gourmet Salt Starter Set: Gift includes six gourmet sea salts from around the world with a guide explaining each type of salt and its uses. For a small additional cost, the salts are added to a flip-top basket with ribbon. Cost: $24.00
Make Your Own Organic Gift Basket
While purchasing pre-made gift baskets online is easy and efficient, it's sometimes more economical to make your own. In addition, you can personalize your gift selections for the recipient. Look for inexpensive baskets and packaging materials at your local arts and crafts store and visit your local natural foods store for the following organic foods to add to your basket:
- Coffees and teas
- Honey and honey straws or spoons
- Fruits and nuts
- Baking mixes
- Herbs and spices
- Chocolate products
- Popcorn, chips, and pretzels
- Dipping sauces and mustards
Healthy, Eco-Conscious Gifts
If someone on your gift list is passionate about living an organic lifestyle, they'll be thrilled to receive a gift basket loaded with tasty organic foods. When you buy organic food gifts from companies concerned about the environment and the quality and sustainability of the foods we eat, you've taken the extra step to ensure your family members, friends, and business associates enjoy the healthiest products possible.