Organic tooth products are an important way to maintain your dental health while also caring for the planet.
Organic Tooth Products
Though many people have begun purchasing organic fruits, vegetables, meats, and grains, they often neglect to think about the many household products that they use on a daily basis. Your tooth care is a great place to go green.
Typical toothpastes, for example, are a combination of several chemicals, including sodium lauryl sulfate, that many people believe may be harmful and even toxic, especially when you consider how easily and quickly it's possible for our gums to absorb substances into the bloodstream, not to mention the small amount of toothpaste most people swallow on a daily basis. Likewise, many of the materials dental products are made from may also contain chemicals that can be potentially harmful when ingested.
Organic products often contain only natural flavorings, rather than synthetic, as well as a variety of herbal extracts, such as bergamot essential oil and lavender oil to help fight germs and clean teeth. Organic tooth products include a few basic components: toothbrushes, dental floss, mouthwash, and toothpaste. Here is more information about how to get organic versions of these products.
Regular toothpaste can contain products and chemicals that cause concern for many people. Organic versions draw on nature to help you care for your dental health.
The following are some popular brands of organic toothpaste.
- Kiss My Face - The Kiss My Face brand also offers other health and beauty products, such as lotions, moisturizers, cleansers, hair care products, and more.
- Jason Natural - Choose from several varieties and other dental health products.
Many of the companies listed above also specialize in organic and natural mouthwashes. Here are a few additional brands to consider.
- Essential Oxygen - The Essential Oxygen + Brushing Rinse is designed to help you keep your teeth white and your gum healthy.
- Nature Purity - This natural and organic health and beauty care company offers several leading brand oral care products, including mouthwashes.
When people refer to organic toothbrushes, they are usually talking about those made with compostable or recycle materials. These products are usually natural and better for the environment.
The following are a few companies offering these types of brushes.
- Pristine Planet - This retailer offers a plethora of products good for you and the world.
- Preserve - Another company with an earth-friendly mission, Preserve offers recycled and recyclable toothbrushes, as well as a handy subscription service that means you get a new toothbrush promptly every three months, just like the dentist recommends!
Organic Dental Floss
Flossing regularly is an important part of a healthy mouth. Here are a few places to look for organic dental floss, created with not only your health in mind, but the planet's too.
- Desert Essence - Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil Dental Floss, Picks, and Dental Tape are all great and environmentally-sound choice for your dental health.
- Tom's of Maine - This popular brand, which includes floss, other oral care products, and a variety of health and beauty products, can be purchased online and in certain grocery stores and discount retailers. Check your local stores for these products.
- Radius - The Radius company offers organic biodegradable and vegan dental flosses.
People choose to purchase organic products for many reasons. Some choose to do this for sustainability reasons. Others point to health reasons. Whatever the instigator, going organic with your tooth care is a win-win situation.
Organic tooth products are just another part of your social responsibility to the earth and to your fellow man. Any of these great companies are a great place to start when looking to switch your health and beauty regimen to a more organic and sustainable lifestyle.