Are you looking for organic products for psoriasis? There is no single treatment that works for each individual. However, if you want to try several products to find the one that gives you the most relief before getting a prescription, there are many options available to you. Read on to see what you can do to help yourself or someone you love.
What Is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a genetic disease in which the immune system is triggered to speed the growth of new skin cells. This problem can affect the skin and joints but is not contagious. It is estimated that over seven million Americans suffer from psoriasis.
There are five forms of psoriasis:
- Plaque-This form is the most common one, in which sufferers have inflamed lesions that are covered by silver-white scales.
- Guttate-Characterized by small dot-like lesions on the body.
- Pustular-Known for lesions that "weep" and severe scaling.
- Inverse-Characterized by intense inflammation.
- Erythrodermic-Seen as severe shedding and redness.
Most commonly, psoriasis manifests itself on the scalp, knees, elbows and torso, and itching is frequently a problem. Ten to 30 percent of people suffering with psoriasis may develop psoriatic arthritis, which causes sore, stiff, inflamed joints, similar to rheumatoid arthritis.
Try Organic Products for Psoriasis
Prescription products are usually costly and if they don't work you can't return them. Organic products for psoriasis often cost less than their pharmaceutical counterparts. You can also be assured of avoiding the many dangerous chemicals found in conventional personal care products. Here are a few products for psoriasis that may work for you.
- DownBound.com is a Canadian based company that offers a vegan skin rejuvenation oil that is ideal for soothing psoriasis as well as other conditions including eczema and dermatitis.
- Earthbound Organics is based in the United Kingdom. They market a product called Cleavers and Aloe Vera cream that is designed specifically for psoriasis.
- Pure Emu Oil of Loveland, Colorado, has a psoriasis cream that they claim will virtually eliminate pain and itching when used along with their pure emu oil. Their products are pure and safe enough to use on a baby's skin.
Natural Psoriasis Help
You can help ease the discomforts of psoriasis through diet as well. Some people have noted a significant improvement simply by eating only organic foods. Adding extra nutritional supplements such as flaxseed or primrose oil and vitamin A will protect your skin while preventing dryness.There are also a number of herbs that may be helpful to you as well:
- Burdock root or red clover supplements will help to purify your blood.
- Two teaspoons of ginger added to your bath will help to sooth irritated skin.
- Goldenseal extract can sooth redness and swelling of affected areas.
Many people see improvement by sticking to a raw food diet. Fiber is also essential to keep your colon clean and help your entire body function properly. Avoid citrus fruits as well as foods that are fried, processed or high in saturated fats. Try to also eliminate sugar and white flour.By incorporating these changes along with using organic products for psoriasis, you will likely notice a great improvement. While there is no cure for this disorder, you can control the symptoms and can get on with your life. Don't continue to suffer when you don't have to.