Wearing organic clothing is an excellent way to dress without harming the planet or your own body, but sometimes it can be expensive. Fortunately, if you are on a budget but still want to dress according to your conscience, there are a number of retailers who offer stylish organic clothing for less. These five organic clothing retailers offer great deals on items you'll need for your wardrobe.
Kasper Organics is a small, environmentally responsible business offering organic cotton clothing for the whole family. One of their main objectives is to keep products affordable. Although there aren't any customer reviews or testimonials about this business, they did win the StartUp Nation Home-Based 100 Award for the greenest business.
You'll find organic clothing for women, men, and children, as well as certified organic accessories, at this retailer. They carry a number of manufacturers, as well as their own brand. This is a good place to shop for basics like t-shirts, tanks, and intimate apparel.
Prices are very reasonable on most items, including the following:
- Women's Long Sleeved Scoop Neck Tee - This basic T-shirt has a feminine cut and comes in six colors. It's crafted from 100% organic cotton and has a modest scoop neck and cuffed sleeves. Available in sizes small through XXL, it retails for just under $18.
- Jersey Drawstring Skirt in Natural - Made of organic cotton that has not been dyed or bleached, this knee-length skirt is ideal for people with chemical sensitivities. It is made in the USA and comes in sizes small through XXL. It sells for about $39.
- Basic Organic Tee - This men's T-shirt is a simple basic that will work under layers or on its own. It comes in several colors, including black, blue, brown, and gray. Available in sizes medium through XXL, it retails for about $17.
Kasper Organics is a web-only business based in California. You can purchase their full range of product through the website, which is well-designed and easy to use. Shipping costs vary by location, and items typically take about two or three days to reach the customer. You can select a faster shipping option if you wish.
This retailer has a 30-day return policy. You can return or exchange your purchase for any reason during this time, as long as it has not been washed, worn, or exposed to chemicals that may bother others.
If you're in the market for affordable t-shirts and sweatshirts crafted from organic cotton, Econscious is definitely worth a look. They offer products for men and women, and their prices are exceptional. They also do custom design work if you need something specific.
Although this is a relatively new business that doesn't have a lot of reviews, it does have five stars on Yelp. One past customer praised their sustainable business model and cool products.
You won't find a huge variety of items here, but you will see excellent prices on those basic pieces you need. Try some of these options:
- Women's Tank Top - Available in five colors and sizes small through 2XL, this basic tank top has a relaxed fit. It retails for under $15.
- Women's Classic Washed Long Sleeved Tee - This simple crew neck T-shirt comes in four attractive colors, including iris, charcoal, black, and white. Available in sizes small through 3XL, it retails for $22.
- Men's Value Tee - As the name implies, this tee is a great value. Priced at only $14, it comes in navy, black, and green and is available in sizes small through 2XL.
Based in Colorado, Econscious sells over the web or through their downloadable catalog. The website has a limited selection of items, but it's easy to navigate. Shipping costs depend on where you live, but they tend to be a bit expensive. There are several shipping speeds from which to choose.
Returns are only accepted with prior approval from Econscious. If there is nothing wrong with the item you're returning, you'll have to pay a 10% fee for restocking.
Although they mainly carry organic clothing for women, you'll also find items for men, children, and babies at Fair Indigo. This retailer also specializes in Certified Fair Trade apparel and accessories. Fair Indigo has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2009 and has a rating of A+. There have been no customer complaints in the last 12 months.
This is a great place to shop for stylish basics, ranging from everyday dresses to footwear and outerwear. Most items are Fair Indigo brand, although they also carry a few other specialty brands. Prices are competitive, especially on basic knits. There's a sale section for truly great deals, sometimes as much as 75% off.
Consider some of these items:
- Fair Indigo Men's Lightweight Organic Fair Trade Tee - This very high quality T-shirt comes in slate blue, black, or white organic cotton jersey and has a relaxed fit. It is crafted in a lightweight fabric that is cool in summer and makes a good layering choice. It's available in sizes small through XXL and retails for about $25.
- Fair Indigo Scoop Neck Organic Cotton T-Shirt - Perfect for layering or wearing on its own, this fitted scoop neck tee comes in eight colors and sizes XS through XL. It retails for about $32.
Fair Indigo is an online-only business based in Wisconsin, and their website is easy to navigate. They offer free shipping on orders totaling $75 and over, and smaller orders ship for a reasonable fee. Shipping time is typically between three and five business days, but you can choose expedited shipping if you need the item sooner.
This retailer accepts returns and does not specify a time period in which you must make the return. You can return the item for any reason if you are not happy with the purchase.
Although Amazon.com does not specialize in clothing or organic products, they do have a great selection of organic clothing for the whole family. You'll find some amazing deals on your favorite brands, making this an excellent resource for cheap pieces.
Past customers have given Amazon reviews on ResellerRatings. Most complaints center around shipping time, which can take a week or longer. Consumers praise the amazing selection and good deals, as well as the customer service.
There are thousands of organic clothing products on Amazon for everyone from babies to adults. You'll find plenty of great choices for men and women on a budget, including the following products:
- Alternative Women's Organic Short Sleeve Scoop Neck Tee - This cute T-shirt is a great basic piece that you can pair with jeans or wear under your favorite sweater. It comes in nine different colors and sizes small through XL. Depending on the color and size, it is priced between seven dollars and $30.
- Ecoland Women's Organic Tank - This simple tank top comes in white or natural and is made of certified organic cotton. At only $18, it makes an affordable choice for layering or as a simple summertime top. It comes in sizes small through XL.
- ECOnscious Men's 100% Organic Cotton Pique Polo - For a wear-to-work basic, nothing beats a comfortable polo shirt. This organic cotton option won't strain your budget either. It comes in white, navy blue, or black in sizes small through XXL and retails for about $15.
Amazon has an extremely easy-to-navigate webpage and is an Internet-only business. In most cases, orders of more than $35 ship for free, but they can take up to 10 days to arrive. You can choose faster shipping options if your need your clothing sooner.
You can return most items within 30 days of the original purchase, and you can easily print your own return label at home.
Don't Endanger Your Pocketbook
Knowing where to shop for affordable organic clothing is important, whether you're looking for adult clothing, clothes for kids, maternity clothing, or baby items. Fortunately, shopping at the right retailers can help you can protect the environment without endangering your pocketbook.